Peanut Butter Sandwich Bread
(Yields 1 regular-sized loaf)
Recipe found here: Healthy Peanut Butter Recipes.
- 2 cups spelt flour or white whole-wheat flour (or white, or gf all-purpose) (If using the gf all-purpose, it will work without xantham gum, but for best results add 2 tsp)
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup peanut butter (or nut butter of choice)
- 2 tbsp applesauce (or 2 tbsp more pb, or mashed banana, )
- sweetener (see recipe directions for amount)
- 1/8 tsp uncut stevia extract (or 1/4 cup more sugar, or 4 stevia packets)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt (I used salted pb as well)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups milk of choice
- optional: chocolate chips, chopped peanuts
You can use any of the following as your sweetener: brown sugar, xylitol, coconut sugar, regular sugar, or evaporated cane juice. If you want a sandwich bread, use 1/3 cup. If you prefer a sweeter peanut butter bread, increase sweetener to 2/3 cup. (Either way, also add the 5th ingredient in the ingredient list.)
Preheat oven to 375 F. Mix the dry ingredients very well. Then mix in wet. (If your pb isn’t super-creamy, microwave it 40 seconds, or until soft.) Pour into a sprayed loaf pan and bake 40-45 minutes. Let cool at least 15 minutes before slicing.
Peanut Butter Bread Nutrition Facts
Nutrition information is per slice, based on 12 slices:
- Calories: 125
- Fat: 4 g
- Carbs: 20 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 4.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- ww points: 3 (new system)
Recipe found here: Peanut Butter Recipes.
As it says in the post, please feel free to sub another nut butter (or sunbutter or peabutter) if you can’t have peanut butter. You’re welcome to try using pb2 or Better’n PB as well; however I can’t vouch for the results of the bread if you make one of those last two substitutions.
What’s for dinner tonight?? Ohhh yes, it is it is! Pickles + peanut butter! Tonight I used my brand new grill pan and made a grilled peanut butter and pickle sandwich. Always forget what a great combo these two are!
Peanut butter and banana sandwiches are the shit
I love sunday’s brunch ♥
Wholemeal bagel with peanut butter and banana, greek yogurt with prunes, bananas and applesauce, one egg and my tea.
Turnovers with random tasty fillings!
Ever wonder what to do with your leftover pie dough scraps? Make some turnovers with random fillings you have in your pantry or fridge. I used different combinations of jam, nutella and peanut butter.
-Roll out the dough and cut into rounds with a cookie cutter.
-Place a tablespoon or so of the filling. (Use egg wash or water to seal the edges)
- Brush your turnovers with an egg wash (beaten egg with a little water)
-Sprinkle with sugar and make three little slits on top!
-Bake at 375 degrees for 12-15 minutes.