Hibachi chicken and veggies on spinach with a couple of pieces of crunchy roll.
I LOVED this and will call it a #trend at #expowest : #ancientgrains with #kale #salad - #healthy #organic #vegetarian #gmofree #nom #foodporn #instagood #latergram #llblog #foodie
Keyland’s Salad from yesterday
#nandos #dc #fridays #tgif #salad (at Nando’s Peri-Peri)
#calabrese #chefoncall #salad #foodie #foodporn #saladporn #montreal @chef_on_call (at Chef On Call)
Fresh guacamole salad. X
PROTEIN MASALA SALAD
Veggie Marsala burger (trader Joe’s)
Dressing (greek yogurt + lemon juice+ cumin + cayenne)
March is here and I hope spring is not far behind. At least we see a few days ahead of us with temps above freezing. There is still so much snow and ice here that the winter feels like it is digging in its heels and refuses to leave us. As spring approaches, I always start thinking about eating a bit lighter. So this week I thought I would post a salad. Not just any salad, but one with a little extra somethin’ somethin’ to get us through a little more chilly weather, but remind us of warmer days to come.
This Panzanella Salad is loaded with lots of fresh vegetables, but also has Homemade Croutons that add substance to it, to make a very filling and healthy choice. The dressing is really great as well and all the flavors come together to make one great dish.
This salad is even good the next day and beyond. The croutons get soggy because they absorb the dressing, but it tastes wonderful. It’s like bread getting dunked into a great dipping sauce. There is no lettuce in the salad, so there are no wilted pieces to ruin the dish. The other vegetables stay fairly crunchy and the bread just marinates in the delicious flavors of the dressing. I hope you enjoy this salad as much as we do.
Ingredients Serves: 6
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 French Baguette, cut into 1” cubes (about 6 cups)
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons Locatelli romano (or other good quality Parmesan), grated
- 4-5 cups tomatoes, cut into 1” cubes
- 3 cucumbers, cut into ¾ to 1 inch dice
- 2 red peppers, cut into 1” chunks
- 2 yellow peppers, cut into 1” chunks
- ½ sweet onion or red onion, sliced thin
- 20 large basil leaves, coarsely chopped
For the Vinaigrette:
- 2 teaspoons finely minced garlic
- 8 tablespoons Champagne vinegar
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Make The Croutons: Heat oil in large skillet. Add bread cubes, garlic powder, seasoned salt, and cook over low to medium heat, stirring frequently for ten minutes, or until nicely toasted. Add more oil if needed. Add Locatelli at end. Stir to distribute and set aside.
- For vinaigrette: Whisk all ingredients together.
- For the salad: In a large bowl, mix tomatoes, cucumbers, red and yellow peppers, onion and basil. Add bread cubes and toss with vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately or for the best taste, allow salad to sit about ½ hour for flavors to blend before serving. Enjoy!
Yum! 🍓 #fruit #salad #strawberries #kiwi #melon #yummy #food #abm #colorful
#salad #happiness #chinese #sausage #cucumber #springmix #life #healthy #hungry #mandarins #fishsauce #asian #superman #lunch #afterwork #yummy #feelgood #relax